The Qlearsite Empowerment Score can help you understand if people are able to act with confidence, knowing their role and the boundaries they should operate within.
The Empowerment attribute lies at the intersection of the Value Driver, Agility and the Organisation Lever, Talent.
The Empowerment Score is based on the responses to the statement:
When faced with a difficult situation at work, I feel trusted to exercise my judgement and make appropriate decisions.
If you score high in Empowerment
High scores in Empowerment indicate that your employees feel confident they know their role and their operational boundaries well.
You may want to
- Check the Themes that are most prominently correlated to this high-scoring attribute
- Capture some comments that capture how your organisation is responding positively to this attribute.
If you score low in Empowerment
A study has found that low empowerment leads to low effort among employees. The results found that only 4% of employees put in extra effort when empowerment is low, but this rises to 67% when employees feel empowered. Empowerment score is, as this study indicates, highly correlated with productivity. It is also well known that an empowered workforce experiences lower turnover. Engaged and empowered employees result in higher retention rates.
To find out more about what people are saying with regards to Empowerment in your organisation.
- What are the Themes that are correlated to Empowerment in survey responses?
- Are there any comments that are indicative or issues?
- Can any identifiable root causes of Empowerment issues be observed in the responses?
- Create Actions as you discover findings for further analysis and review.
Find out more about Empowerment in your organisation
If you have noticed an extreme drop in Empowerment score survey-to-survey, consider using an Empowerment Deep Dive survey to quantify this dimension of Organisational Fitness further. This Deep Dive survey addresses four criteria of Emponwerment: Autonomy, Boundaries, Goals and Ownership.
By listening to your employees in this targeted survey, you will be able to more thoroughly examine the details of the empoweremnt issues in your organisation.