Location: Old Street, Central London
Our mission is to empower businesses and their employees to have honest conversations.
Do you like making an impact? Are you hungry for innovation, and inspired by driving change? At Qlearsite, we believe in the power of data-led storytelling. We want to help organisations know exactly how to improve their performance, and make their employees’ working lives better. If that sounds like something you want to be a part of, then let’s start a conversation.
What we do
We’re building a better working world.
With next-level language analysis tech and shorter, smarter employee surveys, we’re creating honest conversations that drive change.
Change for stronger organisations, and better working lives. NHS Wales, Virgin Media, the Stroke Association, Deloitte – those are just a few of the organisations we’re working with.
Our commitment to diversity
Diversity matters. Inclusion is key.
We’re an equal opportunities employer, committed to not just building a diverse company, but one that is inclusive. Our own research makes it clear – diversity isn’t just good for humanity, it’s good for business too. One of our core survey solutions is designed to help organisations understand why they should make it a priority, and that’s exactly what we’ve done at Qlearsite.
The role and you
- You will help us evolve what we know about our users and customers, sharing your learnings across the team and helping to ideate, visualise, test and build scalable software solutions that meet the needs of the Company and our users. This will test your ability to articulate complex ideas in a clear and engaging way.
- You are an expert in user experience design and will want to own the process of understanding our users and translating their needs and problems into great products.
- You’re a designer with a strong design process and unfailing attention to detail. But when the pace is up, you’re pragmatic, commercially-minded and keen to deliver in iterations.
- You enjoy coaching and leading the small design team, encouraging them to stay close to the user and the problems we’re trying to solve.
- You are the design evangelist in our community, working globally and interacting with all parts of the business to promote the importance of design, going beyond the next deliverable, striving to have an ever-increasing positive impact on our customers and our industry.
Necessary skills and experience
- 7+ years of experience working in a software design function, ideally in enterprise/ B2B/ SaaS software products.
- Demonstrable experience coaching and managing junior designers (as line manager or otherwise).
- A portfolio that shows the depth of your experience in user research, experience design and user interface design.
- You have mastered a full toolbox of design techniques from pen and paper to wireframing and rapid prototyping.
- You have worked extensively with software engineers using agile methodologies over the last 5 years.
- You can talk to us about (at least) 3 large projects you have led in the last 3 years involving significant ambiguity, challenges, budget, teamwork, and impact.
- Extra interesting to be able to demonstrate an interest in data visualisation and analytics.
- Competitive package
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Friday drinks
- Team social events
Diversity at Qlearsite
We are an equal opportunities employer and promote diversity and inclusivity in our business as well as making it a core product that we sell. We know that diversity is an asset and that together we are more successful.
If there are any adjustments you’d like us to make to ensure the most inclusive interview process we can then please let us know. We are on a journey to be better, so we’re more than happy to adapt and accommodate whenever possible.